WhodunnitCannonfire

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 19 October 2012

I have to think about something else...

Posted on 04:08 by Unknown
This happens to me in every election cycle: I reach a point where the only news stories I can bear to look at contain the word "poll." All other information is meaningless. Even stories about the latest antics of Obama and Romney have value only insofar as they may or may not move the numbers; the antics have no interest in and of themselves. If a nuke took out a small town in Arizona, the first thought to enter my brain (after "Oh my God!" and "Those poor people!") would be "How will this affect the polls?"

2008 was easier on me, since I sort of, kind of, vaguely, provisionally wanted McCain to win, even though his loss was inevitable. This year is different. As noted in earlier posts, I haven't grown to love Obama. But I loathe Mitt Romney. He is, by far, the oiliest liar ever to get this close to the highest office within my lifetime -- and I'm old enough to recall Nixon.

I probably should do a video about the second debate, but that task may be pointless. Right now, I'm looking for a way not to think about polls. Any suggestions?


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Spooks, war, financial skullduggery, Assange and Windows 8
    Gotta move quickly... That secret listening post. I thought that the preceding post -- which identifies the probable location of the secret...
  • The best blog post ever?
    A friend to this blog directs our attention to what may be the single finest blog post ever written . Wish to hell I had written it. But if ...
  • Mona Lisa, men have maimed you
    I'm going to take some time away from editing my Leonardo da Vinci video to write a non-political Sunday post about...Leonardo da Vinci....
  • Notes...
    They're going after the Clintons again. The rightists pretended to be pro-Hillary in 2008, for comprehensible partisan reasons. But thi...
  • Did a Libertarian hero cause the Sandy Hook massacre?
    The headline above this post is, admittedly, a somewhat hyperbolic provocation. But there's a case to be made for its literal truth. A w...
  • Good, but not good enough
    Al Franken is pushing a "stalking app" bill which will limit the amount of information your mobile unit can collect about you and...
  • Bout steak
    The horsemeat-sold-as-beef scandal took a parapolitical turn recently, when it was revealed that the mastermind may be the notorious Viktor ...
  • Guns: Three scenarios
    This blog has never published a polemic in favor of any form of gun control. I've always presumed -- and still presume -- that the issue...
  • Anonymous threatens to disrupt the SOTU
    Let's see what happens... The threatening message lists the persecutions of Aaron Swartz and Bradley Manning as two of the motives for ...
  • School prayer: The devil really IS in the details
    This story is piffle, but it's irresistible piffle . In Florida, Republican Governor Rick Scott has pushed for legislation allowing stu...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (339)
    • ►  August (36)
    • ►  July (45)
    • ►  June (40)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (54)
    • ►  March (37)
    • ►  February (34)
    • ►  January (57)
  • ▼  2012 (161)
    • ►  December (37)
    • ►  November (41)
    • ▼  October (47)
      • Obama vs. FDR
      • Bob Kerrey
      • Mitt's flips
      • After Sandy
      • Strapped in! Plus: Around and about...
      • Various: Hurricanes, polls, Obama-vs-Taibbi, crook...
      • Screw you, Moulitsas
      • The Polls
      • Signs
      • Don't blame (or credit) Gloria
      • Data dump on THAT divorce...
      • In praise of old tech
      • Scandals! (IMPORTANT UPDATE)
      • Can't we all just vote today and have done with it?
      • The debate, the chart, and the vote
      • Voter ID fraud: The Al Franken example
      • Best poll news I've seen in days. Plus: What will ...
      • Is Carrel Hilton Sheldon the surprise?
      • The new October surprise (update)
      • Can Obama win?
      • Election integrity note...
      • I have to think about something else...
      • Update on the Surprise -- Turns out to be a gag
      • A Romney-sized rat
      • The Benghazi attack (And "Lyin' Ryan" redux)
      • Lyin' Ryan (with an update on Romney/Obama II)
      • Ohio electronic voting machines linked to Bain
      • Small note...
      • Noted...
      • Bain is still outsourcing jobs to China
      • The Ryan debate video is running late
      • I'll be damned...
      • When polls push
      • Stimulating Ryan
      • Biden-Ryan
      • MITT LIES! The ultimate expose!
      • Mitt's biggest lie! (You won't find this anywhere ...
      • Newt admits it
      • Did the leader of France kill Gaddafi?
      • Straight from the pit of Hell
      • Did Mitt cheat? Sure looks like it...
      • Why did Barack Obama bring a lollipop to a knife f...
      • There wasn't much fire, but they did have wire
      • Live-blogging the debate (Updated continually)
      • Attend the tale of Akin, Todd
      • Maybe Obama SHOULDN'T win the first debate
      • Republican voter registration fraud in California
    • ►  September (36)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile