WhodunnitCannonfire

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 13 September 2012

I don't want to talk politics right now...

Posted on 22:06 by Unknown
I probably should continue to write about the turmoil in the Middle East, but my heart isn't in it. Today, I spent several hours in one of the most magnificent structures I've ever visited -- St Mary's Seminary in Baltimore. We're talking about impressive art, incredibly long hallways, a statue of the Virgin that looks really spooky at night, and an exquisite chapel (which I admired from the entrance.)

I had gone to St. Mary's to consult some rare books about my favorite girl. What a wonderful library! Y'know those massive, over-stuffed, ultra-ultra-ultra-soft leather chairs -- the kind you might see in some veddy exclusive British club where a waiter hands you port and the Sunday Times? My capacious hindquarters spent the day parked in one of those.

All in all, this was a very civilized way to spend the day. St. Mary's had me thinking that I'd make a good priest -- if I could just, y'know, get past the bit about having to believe in the supernatural. 

Then I came back home, turned on the 'puter -- and guess what? The world keeps finding new routes to Hell. 

Must we always think about such things?

No. Not always. Instead, think about this.

That story will make your eyes moisten. It may even have you believing in the supernatural.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Spooks, war, financial skullduggery, Assange and Windows 8
    Gotta move quickly... That secret listening post. I thought that the preceding post -- which identifies the probable location of the secret...
  • The best blog post ever?
    A friend to this blog directs our attention to what may be the single finest blog post ever written . Wish to hell I had written it. But if ...
  • Mona Lisa, men have maimed you
    I'm going to take some time away from editing my Leonardo da Vinci video to write a non-political Sunday post about...Leonardo da Vinci....
  • Notes...
    They're going after the Clintons again. The rightists pretended to be pro-Hillary in 2008, for comprehensible partisan reasons. But thi...
  • Did a Libertarian hero cause the Sandy Hook massacre?
    The headline above this post is, admittedly, a somewhat hyperbolic provocation. But there's a case to be made for its literal truth. A w...
  • Good, but not good enough
    Al Franken is pushing a "stalking app" bill which will limit the amount of information your mobile unit can collect about you and...
  • Bout steak
    The horsemeat-sold-as-beef scandal took a parapolitical turn recently, when it was revealed that the mastermind may be the notorious Viktor ...
  • Anonymous threatens to disrupt the SOTU
    Let's see what happens... The threatening message lists the persecutions of Aaron Swartz and Bradley Manning as two of the motives for ...
  • School prayer: The devil really IS in the details
    This story is piffle, but it's irresistible piffle . In Florida, Republican Governor Rick Scott has pushed for legislation allowing stu...
  • Guns: Three scenarios
    This blog has never published a polemic in favor of any form of gun control. I've always presumed -- and still presume -- that the issue...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (339)
    • ►  August (36)
    • ►  July (45)
    • ►  June (40)
    • ►  May (36)
    • ►  April (54)
    • ►  March (37)
    • ►  February (34)
    • ►  January (57)
  • ▼  2012 (161)
    • ►  December (37)
    • ►  November (41)
    • ►  October (47)
    • ▼  September (36)
      • Auntie Ayn or Uncle Al? Take the test!
      • Fox Glam
      • The loaded gun
      • Suggestion: The Dems should distribute "Dreams Fro...
      • Bibi and the bomb
      • At last! The shock of the new!
      • A couple of notes
      • Mitt, love and war
      • Mitt's malware
      • The state of everything
      • "Stench!" -- the musical
      • More ominous signs that election rigging may be in...
      • Variously...
      • Gay Perr-ee
      • Women for Mitt
      • Escape from Fox World
      • And they said Al Gore was wooden...
      • The bulge is back, baby!
      • Homer votes for Romney
      • Paul Ryan: The secret tape
      • What about the Senate?
      • If Mitt loses, blame the tea party
      • Is Romney over?
      • A lot has been going on...
      • This post has nothing whatsover to do with THAT movie
      • Bombshell article about the true origins of THAT m...
      • Nakoula made a notorious anti-Islam film -- yet he...
      • "Sam Bacile" -- an added note
      • Why I believe that Mossad was behind "Sam Bacile"
      • "Me, I'm a Lincoln cat"
      • I don't want to talk politics right now...
      • Weird connections galore!
      • The GOP sticks to the script
      • Does Pastor Terry Jones have a big, big secret? (...
      • Nakoula B. Nakoula is the spooked-up asshole who g...
      • The war conspiracy (updated)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile